- 2 green onions, thinly sliced + extra,
- ¼ cup (60ml) light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 600gm beef sirloin steak
- 450gm brown rice
- ¼ red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 large avocado, cut into wedges
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeds removed, sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups (200gm) frozen edamame beans, blanched
- Kim chi
- Sesame seeds, to serve
- Combine green onions, soy, vinegar and honey in a medium bowl. Reserve half the marinade. Place beef in large snap-lock bag with remaining marinade and oil. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a char-grill pan or barbecue over medium high heat. Drain steak from marinade and cook steak for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil to rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Prepare rice
- Divide rice between bowls. Top with cabbage, avocado, cucumber, radish, edamame and beef. Drizzle with remaining marinade. Serve with kimchi and sprinkle with sesame seeds and extra green onions.