- 4 x 180gm beef eye fillet steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil +extra, to drizzle
- 150gm mixed Asian mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup (125ml) salt-reduced beef stock
- 1/3 cup (80ml) thickened cream
- 3 tsp white miso paste
- 1½ tsp light soy sauce
- Steamed chat potatoes,
- Chinese broccoli,
- finely chopped chives, to serve
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Rub beef with half the oil and season. Cook beef for 3 4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in stock, cream, miso and soy and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sauce thickens. Season with pepper.
- Serve beef with potatoes and Chinese broccoli. Drizzle vegetables with extra olive oil. Spoon sauce over beef and sprinkle with chives.